Sunday, July 10, 2011

Joy in Primary

I think that Primary is one of the hardest callings in the LDS Church. To take care your kid(s) all week and then go to church and take care of other kids is tough. I struggle finding ways to motivate my class to want to learn and listen, as well as be respectful of others. Today was especially hard. Corbin woke up about 10 times last night and Andrew and I were both exhausted. Our brains weren't working and we found it hard to stay awake let alone teach a class and keep them in line.

With that said, one of the kids in my class, Mckayla, showed me why all that hard work is so worth it. She went on vacation last week to California and she brought back 3 seashells, one for Andrew, Corbin, and me. She also wrote a little note telling us how special we are and that she wanted to give us something just as special. It amazes me how one little girl can make the whole day shine. Despite everything that went on today, I'm excited to see my kids again because this one little girl showed me that we aren't just teacher's but friends and we really are making a difference in their lives, even if it doesn't seem like it.

1 comment:

Search This Blog